Literacy is more than just reading and writing in a classroom. It is all around us and in everything that we do! We consider the school, the playground, the park, and the forest to be all parts of our great learning experiences. Take a look at all of the wonderful ways that we learn literacy in our FDK "classroom".
Through these experiences the children:
- learning printing skills,
- increase their vocabulary,
- develop their scientific inquiry,
- invent scenarios,
- learn to communicate effectively,
- encourage each other,
- bring their experiences to their in-class story/journal writing,
- become excellent problem-solvers (without adult intervention).
While playing in different environments, the children are exposed to various situations that help them develop problem solving skills. The more children can problem solve on their own or with their peers, the more capable and confident they become.
Bon weekend !