We are working to recognize the kind acts and gestures done for one another in our classroom. So far, we have observed children:
- helping to keep our classroom clean and safe
- helping a friend who is hurt
- offering a classmate a chair
- using their magic words (please, thank you, etc…)
- sharing toys
- staying in a quiet and straight line while walking in the hallways
- using soft voice during nutrition breaks and remaining seated
Please help us reach our goal by looking out for heartprints left behind by your child outside of school. Each time your child shows a gesture of love or kindness, please record a quick description (on the heart) telling what your child did on a heartprint (though siblings, grandparents, and others can fill one out as well) and have your child bring the heartprint back to school. Please use the attached hearts. If you require more hearts, please let us know.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to recognize and record your child's thoughtful ways. Hopefully, we will surpass our goal of 100 heartprints well before we reach the 100th day of school!"
Mme Tipler and Mme McMillan